Monday, September 10, 2007

I was amazed at how well the touch and feeling exercise worked without actually having something to touch. When our group had to feel spaghetti I could actually feel the spaghetti and the meat sauce on it as if I had just done the same thing for real. It was warm and very messy. The noodles running through my fingers felt so real. When my group had to taste the grapes I could also taste and feel a grape bursting in my mouth as I bit into it. I could feel the texture of the skin and the cool jello-like inside. I feel like if I was starving on a desert island, this exercise might help sustain my hunger until my body just stopped working because of lack of real nutrition. Its interesting how how sense memory can allow make-believe situations like this seem so real.

No comments: